Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Time in NE Georgia

FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
edited 2:45AM in EggHead Forum
Done2HamPineapple.jpg
<p />It has been a while since I put a pizza on the egg, so I decided to go with a Hawaiian - ham and pineapple. Tossed a Publix dough, made my own sauce with garlic, onions, tomato sauce and paste, fresh basil and oregano. Put on a heavy dose of fresh shaved deli honey ham and fresh cut pineapple. Topped it with whole milk mozzarella.[p]RawPrepHamPineapple.jpg[p][p]Got the large up to 650 and let the pie sit for 12 minutes until the crust was golden brown and the cheese was all gooey and delicious looking. I dusted with a quick shot of Italian seasoning a couple minutes before it was done.[p]CookingHamPineapple.jpg[p]
Pulled it off, sliced it, and devoured it. This is definitely a repeat.[p]DoneHamPineapple.jpg

·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Fidel,
    Great lookin pizza...and I like that thin crust.[p]Wess

·
  • Fidel, Looks like you went direct with a stone. Have you ever gone with the plate setter with stone on top? I've never done a pie on the egg, but it's on my list. Happy New Year, Brett

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Sun DEvil Brett,[p]Not direct. I use plate setter legs down, then use the grid from my medium as a spacer, then the stone on top of the plate setter. This allows a little air circulation between the stone and plate setter and keeps the bottom of the pie from scorching.
    ·
  • Fidel, Ah Ha, that's the road I will travel when I give it a go. Thanks, Brett

·
  • wrobswrobs Posts: 109
    Fidel,
    Man, that looks awesome. I like the Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham... will have to try it with the onions,too.
    You just pushed me to doing pizza real soooon....
    Robert

·
  • Fidel,[p]Pizza looks good. [p]Did you invert a plate setter then place your pizza stone on the top of the setter?
    ·
  • Fidel,[p]
    I got it with the response to Sun D[p]Thanks anyway[p]EAE

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    East Alabama Egghead,[p]Yes. Plate setter legs down, then medium grid as a spacer, then pizza stone.[p]Lets the top get more browned without scorching the crust.
    ·