Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Pizza Time in NE Georgia

FidelFidel Posts: 10,169
edited 9:25PM in EggHead Forum
<p />It has been a while since I put a pizza on the egg, so I decided to go with a Hawaiian - ham and pineapple. Tossed a Publix dough, made my own sauce with garlic, onions, tomato sauce and paste, fresh basil and oregano. Put on a heavy dose of fresh shaved deli honey ham and fresh cut pineapple. Topped it with whole milk mozzarella.[p]RawPrepHamPineapple.jpg[p][p]Got the large up to 650 and let the pie sit for 12 minutes until the crust was golden brown and the cheese was all gooey and delicious looking. I dusted with a quick shot of Italian seasoning a couple minutes before it was done.[p]CookingHamPineapple.jpg[p]
Pulled it off, sliced it, and devoured it. This is definitely a repeat.[p]DoneHamPineapple.jpg

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Great lookin pizza...and I like that thin crust.[p]Wess

• Fidel, Looks like you went direct with a stone. Have you ever gone with the plate setter with stone on top? I've never done a pie on the egg, but it's on my list. Happy New Year, Brett

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,169
    Sun DEvil Brett,[p]Not direct. I use plate setter legs down, then use the grid from my medium as a spacer, then the stone on top of the plate setter. This allows a little air circulation between the stone and plate setter and keeps the bottom of the pie from scorching.
  • Fidel, Ah Ha, that's the road I will travel when I give it a go. Thanks, Brett

• wrobswrobs Posts: 109
    Man, that looks awesome. I like the Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham... will have to try it with the onions,too.
    You just pushed me to doing pizza real soooon....

• Fidel,[p]Pizza looks good. [p]Did you invert a plate setter then place your pizza stone on the top of the setter?
  • Fidel,[p]
    I got it with the response to Sun D[p]Thanks anyway[p]EAE

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,169
    East Alabama Egghead,[p]Yes. Plate setter legs down, then medium grid as a spacer, then pizza stone.[p]Lets the top get more browned without scorching the crust.