Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Got a large BGE!!!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a large BGE for Christmas from my folks. They decided they would get one for themselves as well so we cooked on it for Christmas. I am the chef of the family and I cooked an 8 lb beef tenderloin and cedar planked some salmon for my vegetarian brother. Both came out great and even had the best compliment from the family....they said this was the best tenderloin that has ever been cooked at the house and we cook them every year. Made me very happy.[p]Well....I finally got mine back to the house today and cooked chicken breasts and asparagus on it....again....perfection. [p]I have been wanting a BGE for years and WOW....it is even better than I could have hoped. No more cheap briquette grilling for me!!! Woohooo![p]-B

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Brandon,
    Congrats..Enjoy..and if you haven't already...watch the DVD that came with it...check out the Naked Whiz's site for a bounty of info...and you can check my website for some of my personnal cooks and tips...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB's[/ul]
  • CampyMan
    Options
    Brandon,[p]Congratulations - welcome to the family - it won't be long before you decide that you need another one (I wound up getting a small to go with my Large - worked out great!)[p]Later
    Campy Man

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    Brandon,[p]Congrats and welcome to the club. You will hear lots of that "This is the best . . . . I ever tasted"
    comment from your friends and family for years to come as you learn to use and master that egg.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Brandon,[p]Welcome. You are gonna love it.[p]The salmon-eating vegetarian can be converted. Just let him catch a whiff of some TRex steaks some time.
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Brandon, Congrats, Just got my second large for an early x-mas present and both have been working overtime the last few weeks. Something clicked in the last month or so and now I find myself on this forum everynight, just to see what's happening. Everone is so helpful, and their insight along with their websites gives you more info. than you will know what to do with. I've started a binder of stuff I've printed off. I'm eggdicted, who knows , you may be next, Happy New Year, Brett

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Brandon,
    That's great news, and welcome! It sounds like you're learning curve is going to be very steep and short! Now, why don't you fill out a 'profile' so we know who and where you are??

• Lost in utah
    Options
    Brandon,[p]I know you will love your Egg. I love mine. There are a lot of good cooks on this forum with great tips and cooking methods. Some are a little eccentric put you will learn to love them like I have.[p]If you want to try some hot and fast smoked BBQ let me know. I have quite a few links and recipes.

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Brandon,
    Beware of certain individuals suggesting going to various eggfests! If you want to be safe and secure during one of these events, set up next to the 'egret'! I'll take care of you and protect you from some of these misfits who use a 'vehicular cleansing' sort of handle.......

• Jeffersonian
    Options
    Brandon,[p]Congratulations and welcome to our cult. Before you know it, you'll be in an airport with a BGE apron, clanging spatulas together and trying to get people to buy the book of enlightenment: The Bhabequta Vittla.

• Brandon
    Options
    OK....got my profile updated. I am in Acworth, GA and would love to make it to an eggfest. I plan on going to Eggtoberfest next year. [p]Thanks for all the comments and well wishes everyone. I look forward to finding out more about some great recipes and learning how to perfect my cooking on the BGE.[p]Look forward to talking to everyone more![p]Thanks again![p]-B
  • Brandon
    Options
    Christmas%20Beef.jpg
    <p />Here's a shot of the tenderloin after being cut and some is missing.[p]-B