Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here Comes The EGG!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,
My Wife says she has seen me this happy since we got married.
My Mighty Egg is going to be here tomorrow. I have lurked around the
Forum for about a week and learned a lot, but I would like to know if
there is any special setup or seasoning instructions (i.e. Oiling baking stones and etc...) Thanks for any advice,
Matt

Comments

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Options
    Matt,[p]I'll be one of many to help you out....[p]For setups....i.e. indirect cooking....you will need something to prevent the flames from getting to your food. I use a metal pizza pan on top of the first grill that sits on the fire ring. There is almost 2 inches of clearence from the outside of the pizza pan to the wall of the egg (large).Then I use these 4 clay feet (bought from home depot for holding big clay pots )I have 2 sizes (2in & 3in)
    I put the feet on top of the first grill (outside of the pizza pan) Then I put a second grill on top of the feet. This way I have a 2 to 3 inch elevation over the pizza pan. A drip pan can also fit undernear the second grill.[p]There are many ways and setups to use depending on what you have and what you want. Look here in the forum and try things for yourself to what works for you. Lots of times someone new to the egg world introduces a great idea for all of us to benefit...Good luck and happy BBQ'ing.[p]BBQ-BoB

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />Matt, the BGE comes ready to use - no preparation or seasoning required. AS you progress in your experience with the egg, there will new accessories to add. Questions will be readily answered on this forum.[p]Check out the link below if your are just browsing - you'll find some usful information in the FAQ section along with recipes, pictures and links. As you ceck out the links section, make sure that you also check out Tim M's site for the Beginner's Tips.[p]Welcome to the worls of BGE and good luck!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ Site[/ul]
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Matt, you just think you are happy now. You will catch yourself walking through the meat section of the grocery store and trying to decide what you want to take home. Then you will notice your wife will bring you projects too. I use-ta hang out at Lowes and HomeDepot a lot,,,, now it's my butcher and Sams Wholesale meat section. Get your cooking brain in gear and start imagining the whats and whens for your meat projects. And just let me say,,,, YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Matt,[p]Feel free to eggplore my web site I put together about the Egg. It has a new users section that might help you get going. Feel free to ask the forum as that is the best help you will find available.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's Website Cookbook[/ul]