Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill extender - 3 tier

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife gave me a 3 tier grill extender for X-mas. What do you guys use these for mainly? I'm just curious if I'll get enough use of it to merit keeping it or if I should take it back and exchange for another eggsecory. I've already got a V/Rib Rack and a platesetter.[p]Happy Holidays, y'all.

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Chet Lemon,[p]Works great for doing a bunch of small items - like a bunch of wings, ABTs, jerky, etc. I'd hold on to it.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Big Hoser
    Options
    Chet Lemon,[p]It works fine for laying out multiple racks of ribs. I like it better than the regular grill extender as you have more airspace between levels so I can mist up the ribs every hour or so fairly easy. With this 3-level setup, you can get 6 full racks of babybacks and lay 'em flat. Very nice (though the bottom row is a bit hard to get to and a pain if you want to apply multiple layers of sauce, so I make the bottom racks of ribs dry, though they ain't that "dry" since they do collect drippings from the racks above them).
  • Love Handles
    Options
    Chet Lemon,
    I use mine alot. Holds lots of ribs or small items. I just take the rack out once in awhile during the cook and rotate the meat to a different rack so they all cook about the same. See-Yaa