Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rolled turkey breast II (believe it or not I am more educated than my original post would lead you t

I am going to cook a turkey breast on the egg today.I have done a whole turkey beforw but never a boneless rolled breast. I have brined it for about 12 hours. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. And Merry Christmas from Bamberg Germany!!!
·

Comments

• billtbillt Posts: 225
    markb442,
    i do mine on a rack sitting on top of a foil pan, no liquid. and temp about 325. i start or finish at a higher temp for crispy skin. if you want it really moist add 'little bit' of wood in the beginning and then foil it. skin will not be crispy. i cook one every week for lunch meat so crispy is not important. i take mine of at 155 and let it rest till 160 before carving. merry merry to you

·
  • markb442,
    Well, dang!! I thought I was going to finally learn how to make roast tirkey breat. Good luck on the breast, though... :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz,
    Well, you haven't lived till you've had a rolled tirkey breat.It is considered a delicacy here in Germany and done on the egg....well it makes me want to slap my Momma! I've done hundreds of them and they go great after a night of snipe hunting.
    Now..back to my turkey breast.
    Markb442

·
  • markb442, I am going to Darmstadt on business at the end of January. I plan on visiting Heidelberg the first weekend we are there for the tourist thing. I was wondering if there were any "Egg Heads" in Germany.
    Mike[p]

·