Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled AHI Recipe?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've just been informed I'm cooking Tuna steaks tonight on the egg. Anyone have any recipe suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Tarheel Tom, If you have a Smoke & Spice book there are a couple of recipies there(page 211-212) if not, get one.
    But in the mean time email me and I will give you one from there.[p]Marv

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Tarheel Tom,[p]Try this one...[p]Ahi with Thai Dipping Sauce [p]4, 6 ounce Ahi, steaks
    1 tablespoon Peppercorns, white, cracked
    1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
    1 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
    1/3 cup Lime juice
    3 tablespoon(s) Soy sauce, dark
    1 tablespoon Fish sauce
    2 teaspoon(s) Sugar
    1 teaspoon Jalapeno peppers, diced[p]PREPARATION:
    For the rub......in a small saucepan combine the peppercorns, salt and sesame seeds.[p]Roast this mixture until the seeds are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.[p]For the sauce....whisk together all remaining ingredients.[p]Lightly oil both sides of the Ahi and sprinkle on the rub. Press lightly into flesh.[p]Grill over high, direct heat. Sear each side about 1-2 minutes.[p]Serve with individual portions of the sauce.

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Tarheel Tom,[p]Here's another one I have made......[p]Honey-Soy Ahi [p]4, 6 ounce Ahi, steaks
    1/4 cup Soy sauce, dark
    2 tablespoon(s) Honey
    1 tablespoon Sesame oil
    1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground[p]PREPARATION:
    Whisk together the marinade ingredients and marinate steaks for 30 minutes.[p]Remove fish from marinade.[p]Grill over high, direct heat until each side is seared.....1-2 minutes per side.

• Stogie,
    These sound great! More recipes to fatten the fish file.
    Will try one this week.
    Thanks and Beers,
    WD

• Stogie,[p]Thanks for the recipe, I made it last night and it was fantastic![p]