Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anyone have a good Hot German Potatoe Salad

Options
Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would appreciate a good 'Hot German Potato Salad' recpie if anyone has one to share[p]Thanks and advance.[p]Kent

Comments

• Kent: This is one we have been using later. My wife had a family favorite, but just to much vinegar for my taste. This one is more balanced.
    Mike[p]Salad, Potato, German, Mamaw's, Elder Ward

This is the one non traditional dish [for North Carolina barbecue]
    [p]Salad
    4 cup cooked potatoes, cubed
    8 slices bacon, cooked crisp (important for flavor) & crumbled
    1 cup celery, chopped fine
    3 green (spring) onions chopped tops and all
    Topping
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    2 tsp sugar (Hawaiian)
    1 tsp mustard (French's of other liquid cheap)
    1 tsp salt (kosher)
    1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

Directions:
    1 Combine all ingredients fo rthe salad & put in baking dish.
    2 Combine all the ingredienets for the topping and pour over potato mix and bake @ 350* for 20 min. Best to use a BGE but oven will do.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Salad, Side Dish

• EagerEggeer,[p]Seasons's Greetings. I just started to post the same one. Wonder where it came from? Have a safe and enjoyable holiday.

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Richard Fl, Yep. From the BGE Master Cookbook you gave me :-) We are using this potato salad recipe almost all the time right now. Linda had a great family one she loves, but too much vinegar for my taste.
    mike[p]

• RobMonctonNB
    Options
    Dieter King's winning German potato salad - Serves 6[p]Ingredients[p] 2.2 lbs Potatoes, Red -- small, about 6 cups
    250 gram Bacon -- about 6-10 slices
    3 Egg, Hard-Boiled -- peeled, chopped
    2 Tomatoes -- diced
    2-3 Pickles, Dill -- diced
    1 Peppers, Green -- seeded, chopped
    1/2 cup Onions -- chopped
    1 tbsp Pickle juice -- from jar
    2 tsp Mustard, Dijon -- grainy
    2 tsp Sugar
    1 tsp Salt
    1/2 tsp Pepper
    1/2 cup mayonnaise[p]Instructions[p]1. Cook potatoes until tender. Drain and cool, leaving peel on. Quarter potatoes.[p]2. Cook bacon until crisp, reserving 2 tbsp bacon drippings. Cool. Break bacon into bits.[p]3. Place potatoes into large bowl. Add bacon dripping and bacon bits, diced eggs, tomatoes, dill pickles, pepper, onion. Toss gently and set aside.[p]4. In a separate bowl, combine pickle juice, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise last, stirring in well and pour over potato mixture; toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.[p]5. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate. Toss gently again, just before serving.[p]