Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Done!

Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up my new Medium BGE this morning! Now I'm going to put my Forum reading to the test. I'm planning Kat's Baby Backs for this evening at about half time of the game. Sure hope I can control the temperature at around 250 as she says. Plan to start regulating early at around 190 to 200 by closing bottom pretty much all the way and leaving the Daisey part way open. Eggcited about first try.

Comments

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Gandolf,[p]Sounds like you've got a good plan. Enjoy your BGE.[p]--sdb[p]PS- Are you a Lord of the Rings fan...or does your handle refer to something else?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Gandolf, welcome to the BGE world! BTW there is a Cat and a kat on this board and you're doing Cat's recipe. I'd say you have guts to tackle ribs as your first venture out, yet anybody who has juniper berries in his spice rack already is no newbie to cooking. Good luck!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gandolf
    sdbelt,
    My nephews came up with the Gandolf thing a couple of years ago. They thought it had something to do with my white hair![p]Sorry about the K/Cat mix-up, hope the ribs don't get confused. BGE holding at 250-260 for an hour and a half now, so on my way! Been waitin' for this.

• Gandolf
    RRP,
    Didn't have juniper berries yesterday morning, but sure had them yesterday afternoon. Ribs were great! I've done a lot of gas grill, but never a BGE. I think it's going to be fun to learn.