Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Dome alignment

TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, everybody. It's been a while!

Happy holidays to you and yours.

I glued my dome to the base the other day, and we have just completed the gasket replacement operation. I used the method where I removed the dome by loosening the top band, did a bunch of muck removal, applied a new gasket and put the dome back on.

The challenge--when I try to tighten the band around the dome, it pulls the dome back so that the part of the dome's circle by the handle is too far back (I can see 1/4" of the base's gasket) and back by the hinge, the dome overhangs the base.

How do I get both a tight band and an aligned dome?

Thanks very much

Joyce

Comments

• TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    I've never hidden the fact that I talk to myself, so I'll continue the conversation.

I've loosened both top and bottom band, and alternated the tightening. That worked better, but now I'm failing the dollar bill test (even a $20 didn't work - go figure). About 135 degrees of the circle is too loose. It's the part of the circle directly across from the tightening bolts, if that makes a difference. Any comments on how to even things up would be appreciated.

Thanks--

Joyce