Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

Options
dan
dan Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How to cook just the turkey breast on the bone, set up and temp? Thanks

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Dan,
    I do it just like I would in the oven. Put it on a rack in a pan, then roast at 325 until the meat temp is where you want it. 160 seems to be good, remove from egg, tent with foil and rest for 20 minutes before carving.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Dan,
    I did one last weekend just as TNW says. Rubbed some garlic and Penzey's Tuscan Sunset all over it. Then, just like in the oven. Mine was fairly small, 3 1/2 lbs, so it only took about an hour.[p]Good egging!

• East Bay Al
    Options
    Dan, I did one last night that came out well. Indirect on the grill with a drip pan below it, with some water to avoid scorching. I dusted with some DP Tsunami Spin and used a chunk of cherry. I got the egg up fairly high (450-500), put the breast on and dampered down to around 300 till 165 internal. (Been influenced by Max's Prime Rib method) I cooked skin side up and didnt turn it. About 15-18 min per pound, but I was watching the thermeter rather than the clock.
    HTH- Al

• dan
    dan Posts: 57
    Options
    Fluffyb,
    Just want to make sure I set the egg right, for the oven I put the place setter in will the legs up and then the grate on top of that.

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Dan,
    That is exactly right!