Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Standing Rib Roast (bone in) and wise one recipe URL?

BozzyBozzy Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm at home for Christmas with my parents. I left my DigiQ II at home so I'm flying with the dome thermometor on my fathers LBGE.[p]My brother-in-law brought a 10.25 lbs standing rib roast (bone in) with him for Christmas eve. I'm doing it on the egg and want some advice. My brother in law likes the type of roast that is pink all the way through and is urging me to do the roast at 200-225. The rest of the family prefers a nice gradient of rareness with the inside of the roast red (not pink).[p]So I'm planning on searing the roast on the stove and roasting it in the egg at 300-325 until an internal temperature of about 130-135 knowing I'll get some carry over.[p]Any thoughts?[p]I'm doing a 20lb turkey tomorrow for Christmas...will brine it overnight.[p]I also am on my parents computer so I don't have the wise one PDF...if anybody (wise one?) has a link, please post it as I'd like a reference and to leave it with my father.

Comments