Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newbi workin out

Options
Tommy
Tommy Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my XL BGE for Thanksgiving, to date I've used three bags of BGE lump. It's amazing how much cooking you can do with one bag of lump.
Cooked a butterflied leg of lamb today, tomorrow will be a rump roast and Xmas day will be turkey.
I would do a bunch of sides if Santa hadn't spent all my money. :)
The one thing I never expected was, I cooked a stuffed cabbage and it was awesome. I've always like cabbage but never loved cabbage until now.
Next one is getting stuffed with Boudan.
I should take some pics, I know.

Comments

• jonesey
    Options
    Tommy,
    OK....you can't leave me hanging. Can you send the receipe for the stuffed cabbage?

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Tommy,
    You got to post the recipe!
    Marry Christmas Happy Holiday,
    Ross

• Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    Jonesey,
    Sure thing,
    Fire up the egg and stabilize at 300 degrees, set it up for indirect heat using the plate setter if you have one.
    Use what ever chips you think appropriate, I used cherry.[p]Take a long piece of aluminum foil and roll it like a cigar then bend it around to make a ring. This is your base to set the cabbage in while it cooks.
    Cut the core from the cabbage making a bowl about 3 or 4 inches deep.
    Dice up one onion and 4 to 6 pieces of bacon, saute in your skillet until the onion is good and soft. Probably want to put a couple pats of butter in the skillet to start with.
    Use some of the drippins from the bacon to coat the outside of the cabbage. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
    Now
    1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. Pour this in the base of your cabbage bowl.
    Spoon in the onion and bacon mixture on top of the BBQ sauce.
    Cut up one stick of salted butter into 1/2" wedges and stick them on top of the onion and bacon mixture all around and use it all.
    Place your foil ring on the grill and set the cabbage in it.
    Cook for about 1-1/2 hours.
    Cabbage will be soft and easy to pierce when done.
    I can make a meal out of this, love it.[p]

• jonesey
    Options
    Tommy,
    Thanks...I'm going to try that one for sure.