Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need suggestions for sea scallops

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at the store today and saw seas scallopes for $5/lb and had to grab a few lbs. I plan to make some bacon wrapped but would like to try something new.[p]Anyone got any marinades they like?[p]Thanks.[p]Mark
Apex, NC

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Mark,
    The flavor of the scallops are so delicate I would take a light-handed approach. Perhaps whisk some extra virgin olive oil with fresh lemon or lime juice, salt pepper and dash o cayenne or chili paste. Pour over scallops and let rest for 30 minutes or so. Cook bacon in skillet until fat is just rendered, undercooked and flimsey. Cool. Wrap scallops in bacon. Secure with toohpicks or skewer and sear, flipping to keep from burning until bacon is crispy.
    Use marinade to baste while searing if so wish.
    Serve on hot preheated plate and eat before they begin to cool.
    Very Yum.[p]Let us know how you cook em and how they turned out.
    Good Luck.[p]WD

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    Mark,
    One resturant that I used to frequent had blackened scallops on their menu. It was an awsome dish. I have never made them but would very much like to try. I would imagine that you would cook like blackened fish. Dredge in melted butter, apply blackened seasonings and then cook over very high temperatures in a cast iron pan. Can't believe that it would take more than 2-3 minutes per side.[p]Mr Beer

• bdavidson
    Options
    Mark,
    Marinate the scallops in 1/2 part lime juice and 1/2 part maple syrup for around 2 hours in the frig. Then grill as usual. Outstanding.