Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb chop help, please

J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some little 1" thick lamb chops. My husband cooks them to perfection; I always screw them up. He's not home. Any help with times & tremp would be appreciated - I'm getting hungry! Julie

Comments

• J Appledog,
    Mine are usually about 1.5-2 in thick, but I would rub them with a mixture of chopped rosemary, thyme, and garlic in olive oil; marinate as long as possible, then grill direct with vents in upper open so temp stabilizes around 350-400. Should go about 6-8 minutes on one side, then on flip to finish for m-rare. If anything, these may cook a bit quicker given their width. GL.

• J Appledog,
    I'm going to amend my post and say a bit higher temp; like 450F.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    J Appledog,[p]I've only cooked them a couple of times. I went with high heat (~550-600) and cooked them for maybe 4 minutes per side. These were all seasoned simply with salt/pepper/garlic/ev olive oil. Delicious, and awesome as "lamb lolli-pops" (apologies for using Bobby Flay terminology) at tailgates.[p]Good luck,
    Cornfed

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    J Appledog,
    I like to moisten the little guys with white wine, then dust with powdered dried mint, garlic powder and black pepper. 400º sounds about right, 3 to 4 mins per side.

• J Appledog
    BlueSmoke, Oooooooo YUM, my kind of recipe! JCA

• J Appledog
    Thank you, ALL! [p]My Neighbor Nancy showed up with dinner because I had rented the intriguing movie "Stealing beauty" . (Liv Tyler, guys!0[p]J Appledog[p]Lamb tomorow & Steve can cook!