Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another egret ham question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When you put the ham on the egg do you leave the ham in the pan and put that on the egg, or do you take the ham out of the pan and place it directly on the grate. I didn't think it would make much difference but just thought I would ask. Also when injecting the maple syrup do you heat it up a little to make it flow easier. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Chef Boy RC,
    Put the ham directly on the grid on the inverted plate setter (I use the raised grid). You can warm the syrup 'slightly' if you're having trouble with flow. Good luck with it........

• Little Steven
    Options
    egret,Have you ever tried mixing the syrop with melted butter and herbs? Thanks.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Little Steven,
    Never tried that. I just prepped two hams for tomorrow's cook and I mixed in some bourbon with the maple syrup. I like your suggestion, though.

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    egret,[p]kudos on adding the bourbon to the maple... I think it made the ham extra special when I did it. But then, I didn't have a baseline to compare it to without the bourbon! Let me know how it turns out!
    I'm going to go with maple next time. Everyone seems to say that it only leaves a mild maple taste.[p]-Jill