Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTD and other cheese stuffed fatty smokers.

Options
mb168
mb168 Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've cooked a few plain fatties lately but just opened the package, dusted with DP or something, and thrown it on the egg. I was just looking at RTD's pic on here from a few days ago with cheese in it and I was wondering what cheese works best with the sausage? It couldn't be too mild or the sausage would kill the flavor.

Comments

• vinnysbeeftenderloin-013.jpg
    <p />mb168,
    i've been using tillamook pepper jack cheese. i just put on 6 fatties stuffed with pepper jack and roasted sweet red peppers, two with pusser's rum hot jerk, two with dizzy pig swamp venom, and two with dizzy pig red eye express. all smoked with cherry chips. all are going to the bar tonight. none will return![p]ferengidinner2007-001.jpg

• Otobiz
    Otobiz Posts: 82
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,, what sort of sausage do you use, what is your receipe, iTs not breakfast sausage is it, iv tried to look for bis sausage rolls in our supermarkets in canada , and all I can find is these little sausage patties, any help would be greatfull[p]
    Thanks[p]Steve

• otobiz,
    bon evans, regular, in one or two pound rolls.

• mb168
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Thats the one. I was thinking pepper jack too but wasn't certain. Thanks[p]You must be having a heck of a get together with 6 fatties. Tis the season.
  • mb168,
    yes sir! a HUGE christmas party down at the bar...
    6 fatties, 4 pounds of shrimp, two pig candy weaves.
    come on down!

• mb168
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Hell I could eat the 4 lbs of shrimp myself. We do low country boils here with 20 lbs of shrimp, several boxes of sausage, and corn.[p]Just got back from the grocery store still shaking my head they had 1lb sausages on sale 2/$5, regular $2.99/ea. When she swiped them they rang up $2.99 so I told the cashier it wasn't right. She called the manager who came back and she credited me 2 of them back at $2.99/ea, AND gave me a $1 store coupon, so I ended up getting 4/$5. I'm not certain if they have a policy to reward that or if she just can't do math.[p]Bought a whole bunch of cheese too, some for the fatties, some I'd like to attempt to smoke.[p]Have a great time tonight, sounds like you are well on your way to that though, wish we could be there.