Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wok

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
other than pleasure of doing it, is there any benefit to cooking with a wok on the egg over the stovetop? Once you get a handle on temp control and how to use it, is there any difference?[p]

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    hounddog,[p]Can't help you but I had wondered bout the same thing for quite a while.[p]Jethro
  • Kelly Keefe
    Options
    hounddog,[p]I haven't actually done it either, but I'll take a shot at it. Wok cooking is generally done at very high temperatures. I would guess that, unless you had a professional grade stove, you can't get the heat up as high as you can on the Egg. Wether that makes a difference or not I don't know. Guess I'll have to dig the woks out of the attic and try....[p]Just a WAG - grin![p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• char buddy
    Options
    hounddog,[p]I wokked out at the Eggfest last year and I still occasionally wok. The wok I use fits so snuggle on the fire ring that there is very little temp change. I'm guessing that the temp is somewhere between 500 º and 550 º. I think that's hotter than what I can get on the inside stove. Anyway it works. Did you see Alton Brown this week - he woks squid. I'll have to try that one.
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    hounddog,[p]I'll use the wok on the Egg over the stove top anytime. Much higher heat on the Egg, which is a good thing for stir fry. Chicken and shrimp with veggies is my favorite to date.[p]Puj