Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE accessories - Part II

Options
kjed
kjed Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I went to Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls, NH and bought a plate setter, pizza stone, and grid extender. On the way home, stopped by the grocery store and picked up a 5.5 lb chicken. Anyone have any simple smoking recipes/techniques for me? Since it's my first time attempting a smoke, I want to keep the recipe simple. Any ideas or suggestions as to temperature and time to cook are appreciated.[p]Note to Kevin D: The people up at Home and Hearth were very friendly, and their prices are cheaper than what I was quoted from BGE. They are no longer the Northeast distributor for BGE, however. They told me that BGE wanted them to travel to retail shops and do demos and setups, but they don't have the resources to have people travelling all over the northeast. They still love the BGE, and have one out front that obviously has a lot of mileage on it.[p]Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• Kevin D
    Kevin D Posts: 60
    Options
    kjed,[p]Check out TNW's recipe. It is incredible. Thanks for the posting on Home & Hearth. I'll be sure to stop by when I'm in the area.[p]Kevin

[ul][li]Naked Whiz Spatchcock Chicken[/ul]
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    kjed,[p]I like roasting chicken indirect at 325 until it's done, as indicated by my meat thermometer. If you have a vertical roaster, that's pretty easy. If not, you might try the spatchcocking (or cutting it in half at the breast bone) that we saw on the forum a little while back. On the outside, I either coat it with olive oil, or I rub it with rib rub. [p]Enjoy![p]--sdb
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Oooops. I forgot the beer butt approach. That's pretty simple, and the recipe for it is in the BGE recipe area.[p]--sdb