Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One butt not enough? Two too much?

Stuart
Stuart Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are the facts:[p]6 Adults and 6 kids ages 7-13.[p]Two butts (bone in) each 8 lbs.[p]Serving with tortillas for tacos, also tamales, beans and salad.[p]One doesn't seem enough, two seems like over kill.[p]What do you think? Do you use a per person factor to determine the butt to guest ratio?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Stuart,
    PP freezes well.
    "To Much"...Never. Cook 2.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Stuart,
    Make them both, I've found that the meat disappears much faster when served with tortillas vs buns. And left over PP just doesn't last very long. -RP

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Well...at a $1.10 per pound....throw a couple of butts on....enjoy...and make sandwiches for a couple of days with the leftovers...No biggie.....Enjoy......[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• Stuart
    Stuart Posts: 110
    Sorry, I don't know where my head was at! Of course I'll make both! Thanks and happy holidays!
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Stuart,[p]Too much, what is this you speak of????[p]Whenever I cook large cuts like butt or brisket, I always imediately take a hunk and Foodsaver for the freezer. Never know when you may want to pull it for a sandwich in the future or use it all up in a Brunswick stew. Empenadas or even a quick cuban sandwich are easy "leftover" meals and probably better than what you could go pay for at a restaurant for $8 at lunch time.