Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

One butt not enough? Two too much?

StuartStuart Posts: 110
edited 4:07AM in EggHead Forum
Here are the facts:[p]6 Adults and 6 kids ages 7-13.[p]Two butts (bone in) each 8 lbs.[p]Serving with tortillas for tacos, also tamales, beans and salad.[p]One doesn't seem enough, two seems like over kill.[p]What do you think? Do you use a per person factor to determine the butt to guest ratio?[p]Thanks!
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    Stuart,
    PP freezes well.
    "To Much"...Never. Cook 2.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Stuart,
    Make them both, I've found that the meat disappears much faster when served with tortillas vs buns. And left over PP just doesn't last very long. -RP

·
  • EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    Well...at a $1.10 per pound....throw a couple of butts on....enjoy...and make sandwiches for a couple of days with the leftovers...No biggie.....Enjoy......[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

·
  • StuartStuart Posts: 110
    Sorry, I don't know where my head was at! Of course I'll make both! Thanks and happy holidays!
    ·
  • mb168mb168 Posts: 265
    Stuart,[p]Too much, what is this you speak of????[p]Whenever I cook large cuts like butt or brisket, I always imediately take a hunk and Foodsaver for the freezer. Never know when you may want to pull it for a sandwich in the future or use it all up in a Brunswick stew. Empenadas or even a quick cuban sandwich are easy "leftover" meals and probably better than what you could go pay for at a restaurant for $8 at lunch time.
    ·