Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to my Large Green Egg and would like to do a Turkey. Does someone have a simple receipe for a novice Egger?

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Options
    Best damn turkey I've ever had, courtesy of Mad Max:

[ul][li]Max Max's Turkey[/ul]
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    cb701,[p]You will find the Mad Max is a great way to do a turkey.[p]I make a little change by making the stock the day before and then use the stock for basting the turkey. [p]The last Mad Max trukey I injected the stock into the bird at the beginning of the cook and once again about 1/2 hour before the bird was done.[p]I didn't really like the wine flvor, probably because I put too much wine when instructed and used a cooking wine. I just used the stock from the day before.[p]There are several methods to egg a turkey and all are reported as being good.[p]When you are at the main page of the forum press Ctrl_F (find) and type in turkey. You will find many, many posts regarding turkey - probably more information than you will want to read.[p]Good cooking - turkeys are esy to cook. Just watch the pull temp of the bird.
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    cb701,[p]For doing just a turkey breast or roast, I follow thirdeye's site. Sometimes you just don't need a whole turkey so this is nice. Here is one I did at Thanksgiving, it was on bottom under a ham.

TG_Turkey_Breast.jpg

• Thanks Grandpas Grub, I will try your modifications because I'm not a wine drinker anyway. Thanks.