Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do EggFest's "work"

Options
FamilyGuy
FamilyGuy Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't have my BGE yet but by asking some questions I hope to become part of this great forum/community. I plan on attending the Waldorf Fest in May but not sure how it works. Do I just show up, tell a few jokes, eat everyones food, then leave? Just kidding.
I checked out past photos on WessB's page and it looks like a lot of fun. Do you have to register or can you just pop in whenever and start hanging out? Are forum members easily identified? It's always more fun to go to a party when you know people. It looks like plenty of food is shared. Are donations accepted or do Eggers love showing off their grillskills so much they just give the food away. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    FamilyGuy,[p]That's pretty much it. Just be friendly, get to know people, and learn from the pros. Atlanta is my only experience, but I think the others work the same way.[p]Most of them require registration, but you can register on site (usually). There are nametags worn that show names and forum handles. Those that cook do so for a number of reasons, but not to be paid - that's for sure.[p]Come to the KC Fest.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    FamilyGuy,
    That's what I do, lol! (Show up, tell some jokes, eat and leave.)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • BluesnBBQ
    Options
    FamilyGuy,[p]You have to know the secret handshake first and it helps if you like live blues music. :)
  • FamilyGuy, [p]The wife and I went for the first time this year and it was a blast. We signed up online just because I thought that was the only way and I wanted to make sure that I got a shirt.[p]RE

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Fidel,
    Payment.....for me the wife wants to cook so we do. I tried to cook a bit less this year and she balked. The adobo is so easy she had to help Rick to keep herself busy.[p]The real payment is all the folks you meet. You'll meet quite a few meandering around. When you have food ready they come flocking to you :>)[p]H

• dhuffjr,
    most appreciated help it was![p]flocks? more like roaming schools of ravaging piranhas! hahaha

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    FamilyGuy,
    Waldorf is my favorite fest, you can just show up and pay at the door, but you wont get a goodies bag...If you pre register you will get the goodies bag and T shirt, and you HAVE to register to do the Friday night seafood feast at Capt. Billy's...If you spend a little time reviewing my Eggfest photos a week or 2 before the event you will recognize the faces when you attend as most are regulars...either way everyone will have on name tags...No donations, just sharing the love...LOL...and no you don't just show up, tell a few jokes, eat and "leave".....You DO just show up, tell a few jokes,meet some great people, eat all day and then go back to the hotel for the "Afterparty" where the festivities go on till you can't hang no more...So I would recommend booking a room and from past experience...you better book it early, they fill up FAST...I'll be under the red Snap On EZ up..[p]Wess[p]

• db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Fidel,
    When is the KC Fest? Where do I get more information on Fests?