Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last minute Woosday post (pics)

Options
Ottawa_egger
Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just trying to squeak a last minute Woosday post in. Before cooking I had to find my eggs. Somewhere there under the snow is a plate setter and a rain cap. After all the work in shoveling, I decided to use my mini, which is also burried but hidden out of view.[p]<a href="http://photobucket.com&quot; target="_blank">IMG_0776.jpg[p]These were huge wild scallops, on sale for $10/lb. The red circle in the middle is a Dizzy Pig lid to give you an idea of the size of these puppies.[p]<a href="http://photobucket.com&quot; target="_blank">IMG_0785.jpg[p]And here's a shot of them cooked - one pair with Tsunami Spin and the other with Swamp venom. No, the scallops did not expand during the cook - they're on a different plate.[p]IMG_0786.jpg[p]Ottawa_egger

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Ottawa_egger,[p]Those are some really nice sized scallops. [p]What was your set-up and times for cooking? I find that it's easier to control the doneness if I wrap the bacon in the other direction, around the major surface instead of around the edge. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Ottawa_egger
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I parboiled the bacon and did a raised grid on my mini. They were on for about 35 minutes at 400. Towards the end I turned then on their sides to get some more direct heat onto the bacon to crispen it up before drying out the scallops. I guess that is why you wrap yours the other way.[p]Ottawa_egger
  • thirdeye,
    hey, man, that's the patented dr bbq scallop wrap method

• Ottawa_egger,
    I'm fairly new to the forum and see Woosday stuff all the time. What is a Woosday? By the way your deck looks like mine - snow!