Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Standing rib roast

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay all of you pros, I'm ready for all of the advice I can get for an outstanding standing rib roast.[p]Much appreciation in advance

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Sandi,
    i think the consenses around here say thatMad Max's Prime Rib is verry good.[p]HTH[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• California Sooner
    Options
    Sandi,[p]I cook a standing rib roast every year at Christmas and I think less is best. I keep it simple. Use olive oil and your favorite rub. I heat the egg to 500 and use the inverted plate setter. I shut it down immediately and let the meat sear while the temp falls to about 300-325. I pull at 119 figuring it will coast up to about 125 after a nice rest.[p]Hope that helps[p]Jim
  • Eager Egger
    Options
    Sandi, BENTE is correct and I have used Mad Max's method twice now and both times it came out prefect. Last weekend I did a 7.5# Prime Rib Roast for the family and some friends. I did not sear the roast, but rather just cooked it at the recommended temperature until it was medium rare in the center. We also added some minced garlic (about 5 cloves), mixed with a bit of olive oil under the fat cap.[p]This is the completed roast from our first cook.
    E85G5101_resize.jpg