Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wish to share a recipe we really enjoyed

Spin
Spin Posts: 1,375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,[p]I just wanted to share a recipe for a pork chop sauce that blew our socks off. It is by Cheryl Smith and is available for a limited time via the FoodTV website. The link to the recipe is below.[p] We enjoy the extra flavor "kick" of Egg seared chops, but often find that a sauce recipe tends to be a bit dull when paired against the chop. This sauce has the substance to stand up to the charcoal flavor and offsets it quite nicely.[p]I did the recipe verbatim with only the following adjustment. The recipe calls for pan searing the chops and finishing in the oven. I seared the chops (1.25" loin chops) in the Egg using only a dusting of tellicherry pepper. I seared the fat trimmed from the chops in the pan to produce the nice brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pan prior to making the sauce.[p]The coconut rum is nice, and definitely adds a coconut overtone to the result (the flambe is nice too). The recipe has lots of room for personal flavor adjustments. The cook is quick, so have all of the ingredients preped and ready to be used prior to making the sauce.[p]I hope you enjoy it as much as we did,
Spin

[ul][li]Carmelized Pineapple Sauce[/ul]

Comments

• Spin,
    So, did you do the chops completely on the egg or just sear them? And the recipe sounds like you do everything to the sauce in the pan, and the just pour the sauce over the chops when you serve? Seems like it would be more fun to put the chops back into the pan with the sauce and then flambe the whole thing. But then, you are talking to the guy who made the flashback video.... :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Spin
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I did the chops completely in the Egg. I kept the sauce separate and served as a side as this was the first taste and I wanted to be able to eat the chops if the sauce was only so-so.[p]Adding the chops as the sauce finishes would be wonderful.[p]Spin
  • Spin,[p]The best restaurant meal I ever had was in a no-longer-existing restaurant in NYC called The Swiss Center. They did chicken breasts in a wonderful sauce that was prepared at the table, including the flambee. What impressed me was that the dish came with basically two small chicken breasts. They prepared the first one, and when they saw I had finished it, they then prepared the second one! What service! I can just see me jostling those lovely chops in a pan at the table, lighting the rum, oh, oh, oh.......[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Spin,
    That qualifies as simple and delicious recipe. The only thing that I see that it is lacking is some fresh chili pepper.[p]The thing to note is to print out the recipe quickly. FoodTV cycles their recipes on a regular basis so that they do not conflict with the printed cookbooks by the chefs. [p]Thanks for sharing,
    RhumAndJerk

• Spin
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Sue and I watched the cook on FoodTV. Cheryl Smith did comment that fresh chilis are nice instead of the hot sauce. I added half a dozen or so shakes of tabasco sauce and we didn't pick it up in the taste.[p]I think I will reduce the chicken stock separately to preserve a little more of the pineapple taste/texture and use some minced jalapeno along with the tabasco next time.[p]Spin