Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TX Eggfest Dates Yet?

BigT
BigT Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Inquiring minds...

Comments

• Big T, Asked on here last fall and the answer was that there was going to be one. I keep checking the web site and it is still showing the 2007 info and dates. Hope someone reading this thread can fill us in on 2008 events.
    Mike
    Round Rock, Texas

[ul][li]Texas Eggfest site[/ul]
  • Big T,
    No dates yet but informed sources tell me there will be one and that it will probably not be in the same location on Lake Travis. Grillmeister decided he's had enough and has taken the low road. BBQ Outfitters in Austin, the BGE Dealer that sponsored all of our previous events, jumped in to say they want to take up where Grillmeister left off.[p]There's some mention that it may be held in a park but that could easily change. It will have to be some place other than at their store because there's probably not enough room in their parking lot for a good turnout of Eggheads along with the curious who want to know what's going on.[p]I have a feeling it will be a good Texas Eggfest and urge all Texas Eggheads to attend.[p]There's also some thought to having regional fests due to the size of the state. Naturally, anyone can attend from another region. Doing a regional fest could help get local dealers more involved. [p]Molly Shark recently tried to set up a mini-fest but the timing was wrong for most of us. That would also be fun because a few could just meet at someone's house and have a good time. Doesn't take a lot of planning for it either. I would certainly open up the Chicken Ranch and Coop for one.[p]Since we're on the subject, I would appreciate your thoughts and comments about all of the above.[p]Just email me if you prefer. springchickentexas@comcast.net.[p]Spring "Chili and Ribs On Now" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Big T,[p]Just got back from BBQ Outfitters about an hour ago. I was headed there for a Small BGE, and spoke a good while with Scott. He showed me that all you need is about 2 lbs of charcoal to get the Large BGE roaring hot for some serious searing. I wanted the Small because of the amount of lump I was going through for a couple of steaks, or a handful of burgers.[p]It sure was nice talking with him, because he saved me a LOT of money today! I did buy some John Henry rub and a few bags of Ozark Oak while I was there, though. Gotta keep the sponsors in business, eh?[p]Regarding the EggFest for 2008, Scott did acknowledge that they are running the show this year, but no location or date. I asked about whether or not the only sizes available for next year were going to be L and XL. He stated that they will likely sell more than just those sizes.[p]I'm still holding my dollars for an XL next spring at EggFest pricing. I took a good look at some today, side-by-side compared to a Large, and the XL looks to have all the extra grid space I need for large cooks or for long cooks with large pieces of meat. It looks like it could eat an entire bag of lump in a single shot, too.[p]-Mike[p][p]
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Spring Chicken,[p]Just curious about the dates- I need to schedule a checkup with a Dallas doctor and was wondering if I could double dip on one road trip....[p]Thanks[p]Big T
    [p]

• Beanie-Bean,
    You can lose a whole bag of lump in an XL.[p]Now you see it[p]
    EmptyEGG002.jpg[p][p]Now you don't[p]
    EmptyEGG003.jpg[p]
    It is a cooking machine though.