Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Light for grill table

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know if there is a type of light that you can clamp on to the BGE table? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does BGE make one.[p]Thanks for all your help and happy holidays[p]bw

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    beverly,
    Try Lowes or Home Depot They have 2 that work on batteries. There not the brightest but do work. Good luck, Tom

• bw
    bw Posts: 87
    BajaTom,[p]Thank you[p]bw
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    beverly,[p]I bought one at BB&B that runs on 3 aaa batteries, has a long flexible neck, uses 6 LED lights instead of an incandescent bulb, and has both a clamp and magnetic base. [p]I attach the magnets to the band on the egg and it works great.[p]I think I paid about $17 for it.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Fidel,[p]Scratch that -- Linens -n- Things not BBB
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    beverly,
    from Lowe's - about $20
    Now you see it
    IMG_1615.jpg[p]and now you don't
    IMG_1616.jpg
    That's courtesy of the rare earth magnets on the base which hold tight to the "fender" washers screwed to my table. Surprisingly a bright light due to LED bulbs.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    RRP,
    Great tip with the washers screwed down on the top of the table.I would have never thought of that.Sure does make for a easy on and off procedure.They are on sale now for $14.00.Tried to look up on the web site to see if a lamp replacement was available but could not find any info .I guess for that price you just buy another one.You and yours have a great holiday.

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    RRP,
    That looks a lot like the one I picked up at Costco last year.... I use it to light up the BGE thermometer, so I can see it from my easy chair inside. Works well, but not too kind on batteries.
    Uses 3 AAA, and goes thru them pretty quickly. I'm looking for a 120V halogen type replacement.
    Mike