Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brining a turkey breast

I have a 3lb turkey breast that I would like to cool tomorrow. Any suggestions on a brine? Also, how long do you brine a turkey breast?[p]Thanks in advance from sunny Palm Springs! Sorry to all the folks stuck in the snow and ice.[p]Fluff[p]
·

Comments

• Fluffyb,
    I brine them overnight. A cup of salt and a cup of
    sugar to a gallon of water.
    PH

·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    Pumpkinhead,[p]That's it and it works. I suggest adding ice to water so as to not raise temps in the bird during the first hour of brining..

·
  • ChefDaveChefDave Posts: 142
    Fluffyb,[p]Back to you from Icey, snowey and cold Kansas City. I just happen to be proud of my birth city and that city is Palm Springs. I have a younger brother that travels in his motor home and has built a parking pad on a 1/2 acre there in Palm Springs.[p]David
    ·
  • billtbillt Posts: 225
    Fluffyb,
    go here, read this. i add some rosemary and saltless rub and a lot of pepper to the 1 quart brine recipe. 4 hours works for skinless, boneless
    bill

[ul][li]http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1999/07/brining_29.html[/ul]
    ·
  • Letts-Do-It,
    We moved here in August, yes you read that correctly, August, from the beach. I just love it! It gets down to the 30's at night, but the days are wonderful. Hope you have a white Christmas!

·