Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brining a turkey breast

I have a 3lb turkey breast that I would like to cool tomorrow. Any suggestions on a brine? Also, how long do you brine a turkey breast?[p]Thanks in advance from sunny Palm Springs! Sorry to all the folks stuck in the snow and ice.[p]Fluff[p]

Comments

• Fluffyb,
    I brine them overnight. A cup of salt and a cup of
    sugar to a gallon of water.
    PH

• BYCBYC Posts: 358
    Pumpkinhead,[p]That's it and it works. I suggest adding ice to water so as to not raise temps in the bird during the first hour of brining..

• ChefDaveChefDave Posts: 142
    Fluffyb,[p]Back to you from Icey, snowey and cold Kansas City. I just happen to be proud of my birth city and that city is Palm Springs. I have a younger brother that travels in his motor home and has built a parking pad on a 1/2 acre there in Palm Springs.[p]David
  • billtbillt Posts: 225
    Fluffyb,
    go here, read this. i add some rosemary and saltless rub and a lot of pepper to the 1 quart brine recipe. 4 hours works for skinless, boneless
    bill

[ul][li]http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1999/07/brining_29.html[/ul]
  • Letts-Do-It,
    We moved here in August, yes you read that correctly, August, from the beach. I just love it! It gets down to the 30's at night, but the days are wonderful. Hope you have a white Christmas!