Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Injecting ham with pancake syrup

I have 2 hams to cook next week and would like to try somethisn new. Inject them with pancake syrup something i never tried. some of you guys that have done this let me ask you some questions if I may. First, how much syrup in each ham? Second will it overwhelm the taste of the ham? Third will it really enhance the taste of the ham? Fourth what brand of pancake syrup?[p]thanks again for the good help
·

Comments

• billtbillt Posts: 225
    okiesmokie,
    scroll down a bit look for egret's maple ham. probably can find the recipe on tnw, bge, maybe fire and smoke. there has been a lot of talk about it recently

·
  • billtbillt Posts: 225
    bill,
    here you go.
    green egg and ham? very original ;<}
    well it is wine o'clock

[ul][li]http://www.eggheadforum.com/wwwboard/messages/456432.shtml[/ul]
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    okiesmokie,
    I have a version of a pancake syrup injected ham in the cooks section of my website, if that's the one you're looking for..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB's[/ul]
    ·
  • okiesmokie,
    I did a 10 lb ham today and injected it with Grade A pure maple syrup. This is the first ham I've done and everyone really loved it. I think it makes the ham a little sweeter but it doesn't really taste like maple syrup. There is a little smoke and a little sweet in every bite. I tried to inject about a cup into the ham last night but some of it comes out so I don't know how much actually stayed in the ham.

·