Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Down and dirty turkey cook.

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
turkey12-15-07002.jpg
<p />Well my parents have been bugging us to cook them on the Egg for some time so I'm doing it today. This is not a high tech cook starting with the bird. All ready had a 11 lb bird in the freezer. It is one of those Tyson preseasoned in a bag jobs. The wife got it this summer before I got the Egg. Went ahead and rubbed it down with a simple rub of 2 parts salt, 1 part cummin, 1 part peprika and 1 part garlic powder. Put a full load of lump in the Egg and heat to 325 with the plateseater inverted. Put 5 rocks about 2 inches round and 1 inch high on top of the plateseater and then set the alum pan on top of the 5 rocks to create a air space between the plateseater and the pan. Next I put the rubbed 5 more rocks in the bottom of the pan and placed the bird on top of the rocks to keep it out of the drippings in the pan and create more air space. The rocks came out of my driveway. Now you know the "dirty" part.lol I did was and scrubed them. Put it on at 11:35. 1st pic. Will update as cook goes on. Also a latest pic of the "Smokeshack and lounge"

Comments