Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Guys and Pig Update

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the good thoughts earlier. Was an exceptional evening.[p]Woke up at 5:30 with a need to relieve myself only to remember I had something cooking, go to check and see dome is at 210 and pig at 152. In my hazy state I decide that 210 is too low. So, remember I was blurry-headed, I pop the daisy off and slide the bottom vent wide open. Well, the unit hits 325 in what seemed 90 sec. "That's just fine ,Bonehead, now just put it back to the original settings" my brain says, so I did and went back to bed.
Geez Louise.[p]This morning put on last night's hickory encrusted clothes...ahhhhh feels like I'm camping, to find her churning away at 230 with pork at 160. Nice. Curiosity being stronger than reason, I peeked in to see a package of oink smiling back at me and uniformly covered in a dark crust. Nice. And the scents wafting, Man!
I think its gonna be a good day. [p]Looking to get up to 60 today. Sunny, calm and balmy.
I hope y'all have a great rest of the weekend, mine's been doin' just fine.
May the Best Team Win!
And keep the beers in ya, not on ya.
WD[p]oh yeah, using Cowboy Brand lump for the first time and it's performing beautifully.

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    WooDoggies,
    You are awesome man! I have yet to do an overnighter in the BGE.
    Today is Meatloaf on the BGE. I have done this in my comercial smoker and is VERY good.
    Have some Hot links to put on for snacks when the neighbors start crawling around.
    Snowed last night and has been low 30's for 2 days now here in the great pacific NW so I'm not sure how many of my overly friendly neighbors will come around. I'm surely not going to ask them over, just more for me..HA HA[p]Marv

• Marv,
    Kinda unusual for y'all to get snow isn't?[p]Overnight cook's are so easy on ceramic. I do take alittle more care in setting up the lump, so's it wont go out on me, but pretty darn easy and reliable.[p]Hey, I figured out a solution for your aftershave.
    LiquidSmoke. :~)[p]I'll bug you for your meatloaf recipe sometime.
    Q on dude.
    WD

• Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Marv,
    WD didn't plead but I will!Love to have your recipe for
    Meatloaf.If given the choice between a steak and Meatloaf
    it would be
    Thanks

• Marv
    Jim R,[p] It's from the Smoke & Spice book page 130. Called 'Ain't Momma's Meat Loaf.
    If you do not have this book, email me and I will give you the receipe.[p]Marv [p]

[ul][li][url=http://http:www.marvsbbq.com]Marv's Marvlus Pit Bar-B-Q[/url][/ul]
  • Marv
    WD,[p] See my previous post about the meat loaf.
    Yes it is unusual for snow, we live less than 5 miles from the waters of Puget Sound (salt water), but still snowing as we speak. Usually only last a few hours on the ground. Have had up to 8 inches since I have lived here (10 yrs.)
    Funny you sould mention the liquid smoke....When I first started catering and people called for a menu to be mailed to them, I would rub the menu and envelope with liquit smoke. Another thing we did our first year, we were a vendor in a local wedding show. Problem was, it was in a Mall (in Jan.) and the mall would not let us have our BBQ inside nor would they let us hand out pre-cooked samples. They were worried about liability. So we had some popeouri(sp) pots that used candle power and we filled 4 with liquid smoke and hid under the tables of our booth. Boy did we have a crowd around us most of the 2 days. We booked 5 summer weddings and 2 private parties.
    We kept wondering why the janitor was lurking around us(swepet the same spot for over an hour) finally he came up and asked "You folks cookin' here?"
    we never did let out our secert, I just told everyone who asked that it was the power of suggestion. HA HA[p]Marv

• Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Marv,
    Thanks Marv just ordered the book-can't wait.