Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts and Boats

Options
Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil Posts: 669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PC140043.jpg
<p />Our annual boat parade is Saturday night and in preparation for the festivities, we have three butts on the Egg. Tomorrow, we will do four planks of Salmon and that ought to do it.
The party is always a great time. 25 boats are scheduled this year and our 50 or so guests look forward to EGG-Food-Young prepared by Uncle Phil[p]Merry Christmas![p]Uncle Phil

[ul][li]Butts and Boats[/ul]

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Uncle Phil,[p]Have you strung lights on your boats? Some pictures would be great. I don't have one anymore, but we used to do the same thing.[p]Have fun.[p]Take pix.[p]

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Oh yea, the butts look great!

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Phil,[p]What a great looking outdoor kitchen on your profile. Looks to me like you have arrived.[p]Happy egging.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Uncle Phil,[p]So, you really will have a boatload of food.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    Uncle Phil, in your photo (top butt), it looks like your pit temp. is clipped to your internal temp. probe. I was afraid to do that for fear of shorting something out, or getting a bad reading. What type of temp. unit are you using? I'm glad to see it can be done.

• Uncle Phil
    Options
    Bob In Texas,
    It actually is a good thing in that it provides a truer temperature since it is closer to the product. I use the BBQ Guru ProCom4 and love it. I actually have separate probes in all the meat and get a wireless readout from each.[p]Uncle Phil

• Uncle Phil
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,[p]I haven't had our boat in the parade, but they come right by the dock and provide a wonderful show. I will post pics tomorrow night of the party.[p]Uncle Phil
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Uncle Phil, that's a cool picture! Do you mind sending me a copy with your permission to use it....[p]Thanks T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • ranger ray
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    that boat parade is fantastic....one my favorite things about living on harbor drive.... one year i painted my kayak red and white and dressed like santa....and was towed behind my neighbor's large sport fishing boat and had a conch shell horn....my neighbor told me we were just going to do a little loop around the area.... well.... we went out into the intercoastal and went full speed down to the next town(talk about whitewater!) where they judged the boats...i was almost in tears.... if my boat flipped .... i would have had to bail out... and i would have got chopped up by the numerous boats behind me... the crowd went wild when we went past the review stand(slowly).... with me as santa blowing my conch shell horn.... something i'll always remember....i worked many years as a river guide.... that was definately my most scary moment..

• Uncle Phil
    Options
    ranger ray,[p]That was a real treat, Ray. Do you still live in the area? I am on Harbor Drive South. We are praying for a break in the weather as forecasters are calling for possible severe WX overnight. I am hoping they mean after midnight Saturday!
    With winds from the south, the water could be a bit choppy, so I hope the boats do ok,. We have 25 scheduled in this years parade. I will post party and boat pics after the event,[p]Uncle Phil