Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

meduim egg question

Otobiz
Otobiz Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a medium egg and want to have some sort of raised grill, 2 tier type, do I just buy grill and some bolts as seen in an earlier post, what size grill for a medium and does it half to be a bbq grill, Thnaks for all your help and merry christmas[p]Steve

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    otobiz,[p]BGE sells a two-tier cooking grid for the medium Egg. Alternatively, you can make one like you said, using bolts and nuts and washers (make sure you get stainless). Just measure the diameter of your existing cooking grid then head to Home Depot. I'm pretty sure they sell like a Weber replacement grid that is about the same size as the medium cooking grid, maybe a little smaller.[p]Good luck,[p]TRex
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    otobiz,[p]I have 2 mediums. For one, I took a grill from my old ECB, which fits perfectly, and added 4 stainless bolt/legs. The stainless hardware cost about half of what the whole ECB did.[p]For the other, I got the BGE grill extender. [p]Both work well, but have their own pluses and minuses. The BGE folds, and is easy to store and clean in the sink. The home-made's legs sit on the fire ring, and so there's more room for drip pans.[p]gdenby