Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE REFERRALS

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I have had my BGE for about 6 months and absolutely love it. In fact, I have 3 friends that got BGE after they ate from mine. I was wondering who has the most number of friends that got a BGE [p]John

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    okeejohn,
    I have probably helped in the sale of some 20 or so eggs..[p]Wess

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    okeejohn,[p]Over the past 8-9 years maybe 30 or more.
  • Otobiz
    Otobiz Posts: 82
    Options
    okeejohn,my bge dealer actually gives 25.00 meat store vouchers out for referrals, but most canadians that i tell aboout the egg think that 1000.00 taxes in with a plate setter is crazy"medium egg".... soo i dont get to many vouchers, actually none

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    okeejohn,[p]Let's see 200+ people on this forum - one or two :)[p]
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    okeejohn,
    That's a difficult question to answer. Most of us have had a strong influence in someone purchasing a Big Green Egg only we don't always know about it. Lurkers hang out and read the Forum for weeks, months or even years before deciding to purchase one, and during that time hundreds of Egghead posts probably contributed to their decision.[p]And sites like WessB's and Naked Whiz and Dizzy Pig also have a strong influence, but most likely "after" the person gets their Egg. That's when they REALLY find the value of the Egg, this Forum and it's supporters.[p]I would like to think that all of us have in some way caused someone to take that first step and purchase an Egg, and they, in turn, cause someone else to do the same.[p]Good question though.[p]Spring "Imposing My Egg-Values On As Many People As Possible" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Little Steven
    Options
    otobiz,[p]Where are you located?[p]Steve[p]

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    okeejohn,[p]Count me in for at least two, too.[p]My boss and a co-worker who tasted eggin' after I was braggin' on it.[p]Cajun
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    okeejohn,
    One lady I work with. She posts here from time to time as loyd. After she got it I went over to her house after work and helped her get it going for her first overnight cook (I think it was the first cook too), one or two boston butts. She hasn't looked back and is a cooking fool now. She cooks as much as RTD .......... almost :>)[p]I brought one back from Omaha for RTD does that count as a second one :>) ?[p]I've got two additional coworkers who are very interested in one.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Pharting phunnily along the way I'll bet. Hehehehehe
  • Otobiz
    Otobiz Posts: 82
    Options
    Little Steven,St Thomas Ontario Canada

• Little Steven
    Options
    otobiz, I'm in Caledon, near Orangeville. I was married to a woman from St. Thomas for 22 years.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    okeejohn, I would like to know myself. Close to a dozen or more that I know of. Green Egg Dan, myself, Celtic Wolf and anyone else that cooks contest has sent some one shopping after we talk to them and give them a sample. At one contest I bought an Egg and sold it within an hour. My theory is Eggs Sell Eggs and alot of folks still don't know what an Egg is. Hang out at a contest one day and see how many folks that are there because of BBQ ask what that GREEN THANG is. [p]Great Cookin' to All the EGG Ambassadors,
    Poppasam

• okeejohn,
    there's a few people that have said they bought an egg based solely on my photographs... ha! i find that a little amazing because they don't even know if the stuff tastes good or not! anyway, i've heard it said "just because you have some rocket fuel, doesn't make you a rocket scientist".[p]my guess is ed fisher has the mostest referrals.