Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alaska Egg Cooking

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How does this little beast handle cooking in this enviorment?

Comments

• Metalhead
    Options
    Allan,
    There is a family in Sitka that cooks all the wild game that the daughters kill....on their eggs[p]There is a guy in New foundland who appears to be on a lake and he's posted pics and commented that the weather was about -20 degrees and wind howling like crazy and he's steady cooking[p]This thang is a lean mean smoking/grilling machine.....however cold temps do sometimes want to freeze gaskets together...ask for the tricks and adhere to them....I'm sure you'll love your BGE....I am just 1 person and I have bought 3....they are addictive[p]Jan

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    Allan,
    only problem with cooking on the egg in the bitter cold is that my feet get really cold. but that might be from wearing sandals. the egg will be fine.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    Allan,
    ive cooked below zero with some pretty strong wind, trick is to get the egg close enough to the door that you can reach things without going outside. zero degrees isnt bad, i ice fish and cook in the egg all the time, zero degrees and a 30 mile plus breeze is uncomfortable.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC01171aa.jpg
    <p />Allan,[p]The Egg is a great all-season cooker. It gives a whole new definition to cold smoking.[p]DSC01185a.jpg[p]
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery