Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Alaska Egg Cooking

How does this little beast handle cooking in this enviorment?

• Allan,
    There is a family in Sitka that cooks all the wild game that the daughters kill....on their eggs[p]There is a guy in New foundland who appears to be on a lake and he's posted pics and commented that the weather was about -20 degrees and wind howling like crazy and he's steady cooking[p]This thang is a lean mean smoking/grilling machine.....however cold temps do sometimes want to freeze gaskets together...ask for the tricks and adhere to them....I'm sure you'll love your BGE....I am just 1 person and I have bought 3....they are addictive[p]Jan

• billtbillt Posts: 225
    only problem with cooking on the egg in the bitter cold is that my feet get really cold. but that might be from wearing sandals. the egg will be fine.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,702
    ive cooked below zero with some pretty strong wind, trick is to get the egg close enough to the door that you can reach things without going outside. zero degrees isnt bad, i ice fish and cook in the egg all the time, zero degrees and a 30 mile plus breeze is uncomfortable.

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    <p />Allan,[p]The Egg is a great all-season cooker. It gives a whole new definition to cold smoking.[p]DSC01185a.jpg[p]

Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery