Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The EGG has arrived.

Options
Signal 99
Signal 99 Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my BGE as previously posted. The Saturday I got it, had to take ambulance ride to hospital due to acute appenditis. After recouping from surgery - the BGE went into service the day I got home. Did whole chicken followed by turkey breast next day. Chicken came out OK, but the turkey was excellent but also fried my first temp probe on ET-73.(must have been the pain meds) The BGE reached high temp pretty quickly. Cooking on the BGE is going to be an acquired skill. As a newbie, I will continue to use this forum for my education in eggology. You folks are great source of info.
~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Signal 99,
    First of all, Welcome!!! Second, there is nothing cute about appenditis! Ask any questions, and take pictures. Glad to have you on the forum. Hope you feel better.

• Signal 99,
    It's a good idea to keep a notebook of your cooks on the BGE with time and temp. & setup info. You'll soon learn what worked best for you and if you wait a month or so to repeat a certain cook your notes will get you on track to another great meal. Oh yeah, taking pictures is fun for you and fun for us.
    Frank