Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spatchcock help

EggsessedEggsessed Posts: 11
edited 10:44AM in EggHead Forum
I'm going to spatchcock my first chicken tomorrow. Is the recipe listed on the forum about right, or are there any tweaks that I should make? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Eggsessed,[p]Without checking the recipe you may be using - they are quite easy.[p]I like to do them 350-375 direct on a raised grid. Should take about an hour to 1:15. Be sure to cook to temp and not to time. About the only way to mess up - like everything else - is to over cook it.[p]
  • Fidel,[p]Thanks for the help. I'll see how it goes.[p]Kent
  • BeastBeast Posts: 78
    Eggsessed,
    if you haven't already check here for some great tips and ideas

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm[/ul]
  • Eggsessed,[p]
    Have you cooked whole chickens on any other grill? If so then follow a recipe you like and see if you can tell a difference in using the egg. Then you can experiment, My favorite is season the bird with "Ragin River" Dizzy Pig Rub