Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Green Egg Ordered

GAROOSTER
GAROOSTER Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well after months of waiting I ordered a Large Big Green Egg and should be able to pick it up tomorrow evening. No more GAS grills for me...gave my big stainless steal one to my parents. I really became interested in the BGE during a KCBS event in North GA. Any tips on getting started with it and controlling the temps would be much appreciated.

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    GAROOSTER,
    Watch the video, read the instructions.
    Welcome to the cult and ENJOY!!![p]Mike

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    GAROOSTER,[p]What took you so long? Ditto what fieroguy said.
  • GAROOSTER, There are many great sources of information but I think the best 2 are: This Forum is number one. You can search the archives and if it is not there, ask for help on here and I am sure you will receive it. Second, for me, is The Naked Whiz's website. Everything from building fires to building tables and many great BGE cook books. Good luck and have a really great time!
    Mike[p]

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    GAROOSTER,
    Just curious, which contest were you introduced to the EGG?

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    GAROOSTER,
    familiarize your self with naked whiz web site there is a wealth of info there for the new owner and the experienced.
    'playing with fire and smoke' is a wonderful resource.
    read the forum, if you have time just cruise the archives and read past threads. and most of all ask your questions here. these people are amazinly helpful and generous.
    buy a thermopen
    happy eggin

• Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    GAROOSTER,
    Who got your order?

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    GAROOSTER, keep a small notebook so you can reference back on what worked and what went bust. No need to make it detailed just some quick reference points. tom

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Big E
    Big E Posts: 51
    GAROOSTER,
    I agree with EagerEgger on the forum being a wealth of knowledge. I have had my egg for over a year & decided to check out the forum recently. I have learned more in the last 2 mo. from the forum than actually have from my cooks. Welcome

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Before you open that bag of lump...go to nakedwhiz.com or WessB's sites....or both....and read every word on those sites...and you'll be ready to go....and kick BBQ Butt...Do some homework...Answer the questions you'll have...before you have them.....and the results you want will happen quickly....[p]Welcome aboard.....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• GAROOSTER,[p]Congratulations. Mine just arrived at the store, but they won't have it assembled till Saturday, and it may be next week before it gets delivered, so believe me I'm anxiously awaiting it just like you.[p]
  • biscuit,
    Small dealer in Jasper GA. Found him on the web page. Had a good price, very prompt to address all questions and concerns. Plus it is close to the house.

• Bobby-Q,
    1st Annual Cherokee Pignic at Heritage Park. I was part of the PigNic Patrol (volunteer) with the Chamber of Commerce. Simply a great event. Can't wait till next year.

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    GAROOSTER,[p]I went there too since I didn't get registered for Eggtoberfest in time but already had plans to be up in Atlanta. Met the guys at Big Green Eggs and Ham which caused me to make a return trip the following weekend and trade my medium on a large. It was a great event, enoyed it very much. Spent too much, ate too much.
  • mb168,
    Met them also, late Saturday night and that was all it took. Nice couple and come to find out their grandson goes to school with my son. Small world. We are already beginning the planning for next year so, try and come again. We are hoping to increase the pro teams to 51 or better.