Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Slow cooked Ham

Has anyone ever slow cooked a Ham on the green egg (10 lbs)? I haven't seen any recipies.

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,959
    Jpond,[p]Not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know about how to cook an already prepared ham? OR do you want to know how to smoke a fresh ham? The ham doesn't have all that much fat in it so, as far as I know it wouldn't take to slo cooking. [p]More details on what you're looking to do.
  • Sundown,
    I did a 22lb for thanksgiving, took right at 8-9hrs, cooked at 250-265, little alder chips and rubbed with cinnamon crackers and brown sugar

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,308
    Jpond,
    ive always wanted to try it, i was told here by alot of folks that you couldnt make pull from a leg of lamb years ago so i went and did it, something to consider would be a water pan with liquid in it, and maybe wrapping it at the end with some more liquid like seltzer water to braise and act as a tenderizer. pulled ham sandwiches with a raisin sauce actually sounds interesting to me. i would try it

• Sundown,
    I was wanting to smoke a fresh ham. I just figured I would have to cook it slow since it was so big (10 lbs.). Any thoughts?[p]Thanks!

• sven,
    Thank you! Sounds good!

• fishlessman,
    Thank you!