Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Grid Extender

Options
Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a BGE Grid Extender that has rust on it from no use now my question is 1. can it be saved meaning can the rust be removed safely and the BGE Grid Extender be put back to use or 2. scrap it and buy another one and move on. if it can be saved and reused please explain the clean up process ( the reason it had stopped being used was *hint* *hint* it was being used incorrectly a newbie mistake i now know the correct way i guess you could say a little to late huh ) anyway if there is hope to save it please advise and if not i'll just have to get a replacement i guess thanks in advance
Beast

Comments

• Beast,[p]Had the extender and a few other pieces that had gotten rusty and not been used and had them sand blasted and then had them powder coated in BGE green. Cost me a slab of bb's and a spatchcock chicken. As long as I stay under 375-400F they are food safe to the best if my research.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Beast,[p]Steel wool or 100 grit sandpaper to remove the rust, then cook something good and greasy on it.[p]A little rust won't hurt you at all - but if the nickel (or whatever metal) is flaking I would sand it off too just in case.
  • Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    Options
    Fidel,
    Thanks i'll try that and see how it goes