Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Char-broiled oysters

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone do this?? if so, how about the recipe..[p]Thanks.[p]Ray

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Babyray,
    Locolongball does them at the Oklahoma eggfest, but since the Oklahoma Contingent has vanished, I don't know how you will get the recipe. They were very good.
    Snoop, think you might want to add a recipe index to your site?
    That is the best I can do. Sorry.[p]Mike

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Babyray,[p]The best Char-Broiled oysters in the world........IMO[p]Mike
    [ul][li]Drago's Char-Broiled[/ul]
  • Babyray,[p]Don't know about the boys in Oklahoma, but here is a nice one.[p]Oyster, Grilled, Rumrunner

You really want the freshest oysters you can get. Nice plump ones.
    [p]INGREDIENTS:
    32 oysters, on the half shell
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter
    2 Tbs finely chopped garlic
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (use Parmigiana Reggiano)
    1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
    Heat the grill over medium-high heat.

Procedure:
    1 Melt the butter with the garlic and pepper in a large skillet. Mix the Parmigiana and Romano cheeses in a small bowl.
    2 Spoon some of the melted butter mixture onto each oyster. Add a pinch of the combined cheeses to each oyster, add a pinch of parsley, then place on the grill. Grill the oysters until they are hot,bubbly and puffed, about 8 minutes.

Servings: 8

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Rumrunner, 08/06/07

[p]

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Babyray,
    We keep it simple. throw the oysters on a hot grill still in the shell. The shells will open as they cook, have some garlic butter ready along with your appetite. The oyster will be smaller and more concentrated. let them cool before you drink the oyster liquor.[p] If you really want to get fancy then make some pico de gallo and mix in some parmesian cheese. After the oysters open, add some pico and some garlic butter and roast some more. Enjoy!

• JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    Babyray,[p]Yep...do it all the time. No recipe...just the oysters. Set them on the grill...when they pop it's time to eat. I prefer them raw...but I'll do a dozen or so for the non-raw eaters.

Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    b298785c.jpg
    <p />Babyray,[p]Less is more better. Some butter, green onion, lemon juice and a couple of drops of Tabasco. Heck, leave out the butter and you don't even need to cook them.[p]3ee1e5be.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Mike in Abita,[p]Wow do I miss charbroiled erstas at Drago's! Those are GREAT ! ! !