Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in Sweden

Options
The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the opportunity to teach some bbq classes in Stockholm next summer. Does anyone know whether BGEs are available in Sweden? I know that Webers are very popular there, but I would like to demonstrate the Egg as well if there is a dealer in the area. [p]Brett

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Don't know about Sweden but I recall someone from the Netherlands being active on this forum for a while, including having some kind of YouTube stuff. Maybe if you can track him down he'll be able to suggest something.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    The Virginian,
    when is the summer, we may be there in mid july

• The Virginian
    Options
    tach18k,
    We were thinking of shooting for the midsummers celebration, which is the end of June. My brother's brother-in-law runs a greenhouse and restaurent at Ulricksdal, which used to be one of the King's castles, just outside of Stockholm. They have classes throughout the year, and we thought that a class on American bbq might be a draw. [p]Brett

• FlatEric
    Options
    The Virginian,
    I would suspect a BGE could be found there. We have an occasional visitor here from Denmark (Thorsten)?? Commercially and culturally they are pretty similar. I lived in Stockholm for a summer back in College, and will be returning this summer as well. If possible try to incorporate Midsummer Festival (End of June), and definately spend some time in the Archipelago. Be sure to try some reindeer.....

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]There's an egg distributor in Amsterdam. Maybe your bro can be a dealer.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    The Virginian,
    we were heading out right after the 4th sometime with my daughter and her soccer team. They will be doing a international club soccer tournament in Sweden and Paris, nice life for a 13 year old!!

• Hi Virginian!!
    Nice to come by, and see europe being talked about :-)
    I know there was a guy starting egg distribution in denmark and sweden,
    but havent seen whether he's active or not, I can track him down if you
    like, send me a mail or reply in this thread :-)

I'm distributing ceramic cookers myself, just not eggs so far, and in
    denmark, possibly soon in sweden also!

I wonder if its me thats talked about on youtube, haha could be, very
    crazy bbq fun, you can do a search on

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=doktor+kamado&sitesearch=

best regards
    thorsten denmark
    no 1 dizzy pig fan!!
  • hi ray
    BTW, I'm an even bigger drBBQ fan ;-) LOL

I think I must have ordered more than 10 of your 10lbs bulk packs!!

best regards
    thorsten