Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Recovery time after adding meat

Ron_LRon_L Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put a 5 lb boneless rib roast into my large Egg. The Egg was stable at 275 for about 45 minutes prior to putting the meat in. When I put in the meat and two russet potatoes the dome temp dropped to about 180 and slowly recovered to 275 in about 30 minutes.[p]So... Here's my question. Does that recovery time count as cooking time? In other words, I had planned on two hours for the roast. Is it going to be two hours from when I put it in or two hours from when the temp was back to 275 again? I know that the meat is done when its done, but I am using the time estimate to plan the rest of the meal.[p]...ron

Comments