Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

dry pork chops

Anybody have any advice on how to not dry out porkchops? I understand that brining will help. Thank You.

Comments

  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    chet beck,[p]Brining helps, pulling them at 140-145 works better.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Fidel,
    i'm with you. dry meat is overcooked meat.

    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Fidel,[p]Another thought for good pork chops - if they are fairly thick - is to hot tub them. Then all you have to do is give them a good sear and enjoy. Still check that internal temp and pull before 145.[p]I also like to glaze mine with a honey mustard sauce.
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    thickchopsdone1.JPG
    <p />chet beck,[p]Try this. As the others have said, internal temp is the key.[p]pchops05-2.JPG[p]TRex
    [ul][li]These Chops Aren't Dry[/ul]
  • plchops3.jpg
    <p />chet beck,
    Try some thicker ones indirect. Bone-in gives the best flavor.
    As others said pull at 140-145.[p]Mike

  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC03400a.jpg
    <p />chet beck,[p]Yes, brining will increase moisture and can add some flavor too.[p]~thirdeye~

    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

    Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • chet beck,

    Hot and fast. Then some lime.[p]P8220032.jpg

  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Eggecutioner,
    like your honeymoon!
    ba-dum-pum!
    thank you folks, i'll be here all week. try the pork chops, and tip your waitresses!

    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • chet beck,
    I did 8 pork chops a couple of days ago, my first. I did a direct cook on them at 350°dome temp. About 75% of the time the lid was closed, and the other 25% it was open. So the temp .fluctuated between 250°and the 350° It was strictly a trial for me, but you could almost cut them with a fork. Not quite, but almost, and they were very juicy. I did put just a smidgen bit of Texas Pig Rub on them. Wifey said they was the best she had ever had.

  • stike,[p]Thats what she said![p]Funny, I don't remember the lime.[p]Maybe Dr. BBQ can use it on one of his books:
    "Honey Moon Pork Chops"...one at a time.... do several batches...LOL

Sign In or Register to comment.