Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 days of cooking....sore back and legs but happy guests!!!

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I hope you all made it through today with little drama! (We were doing great until the little nephew figured out how to partially flood an upstairs bathroom....the good news is that the leak in the living room ceiling has stopped dripping :))[p]I managed to put almost everything together yesterday (7 1/2 hours chopping and stirring, etc...) so today was all about getting up the learning curve on Max's recipe. 15 lb bird was done is 4 hours and was spot on.[p]The gravy needed a little doctoring due to some scorched areas in my roasting pan. (Basically it started out a little on the burnt side so I cut it with a good deal of stock, added a little extra cream, and then a little lemon juice...then I strained it (I know, I know, it kind of defeated adding the chopped up innards....) and it was real good.[p]So, everyone finally left my house, the kitchen is pretty much put back together and I can't wait for the next excuse to feed 15-20 people![p]Here are a few shots of the spread...[p]Cheers,[p]Kevin[p]

100_1192.jpg[p]
100_1191.jpg[p]
100_1190.jpg[p]

Comments

• Pace Yourself,
    nice spread! you know you've got it bad when you take a photograph and cut out all your guest's heads to get the food instead!

• Pace Yourself
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]
    Well, I have to say that I was thinking about this forum when I took those.... all day I get to hear my kids telling my guests about how silly dad is taking pictures of his food and putting them on the internet...[p]I am thinking - Silly? There are $20 worth of mushrooms in with the beans, I stirred 3 pounds of Vidalia’s for an hour to get the "Not Your Mom's Onion Dip" just right. (More on that if I remember, that hour really came out in the dish...), I had to use a torch to open up my cooker this morning due to ice, I had been at the bar the night before till 1am, I had played basketball with the guys for 2.5 hours before the bar, I had cooked and prepped for 7 hours prior to that, I had over night guests on Tuesday (that is another story that involves a ton of tequila...), oh - sorry - rambling a bit :)[p]Anyway, I figured that shot said it all. Also, the house finally got quiet about 15 seconds after they all sat down. That made my day....