Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Scallop Alert! (DC area)

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 4:39PM in EggHead Forum
According to today's newspaper ad, Giant has sea scallops on sale for $4.99/lb this week. I'm going to have to pick some up tonight. Last night I bought New York strips at Safeway for $3.00/lb. It's a good week for bargain grilling!

• BluesnBBQ, wrap them scollops in a half piece of bacon split in half (what 1/8 piece I guess), stick a toothpick through it to hold the bacon, sprinkle some cajun type seasoning on them, and Egg them until the bacon is just the way you like. Share them with friends. When should I be there?:)

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,366
    I got the last pound and a half at our Giant!
    Thanks for the tip, Steve.
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    <p />KOC:[p]Quick before they are all gone![p]

• BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    King-O-Coals,[p]I prefer to marinate them (shortly - like 20-30 minutes max) in fresh lime, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper and grill them on skewers.

• djm5x9, UMmmmmmmm! Okay,, I'm full and heading in for another drink. Hey, you got gas struts on that ceramic. I love you man.:)

• ChipperChipper Posts: 35
    I tried these a while back, but I had to pull the bacon off before the scallops were done because of the flare-ups. How do you avoid that from happening? Do you pre-cook the bacon?[p]Thanks,

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Chipper:[p]Yes, pre-cook the bacon in a pan until it is limp and released a bit of fat. Then wrap the scallops and grill.