Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

attn,New Bob, smoked green bean stuffed mushrooms

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New Bob,
The first part of this recipe comes from a man named "grizz", who used to own a BBQ restaurant. This makes about 16 servings so you may want to reduce it. The rest is my addition to it.[p]Grizz came up with what is called...[p]
Hickory Smoked Green Beans in Mushroom Cheese Sauce[p]1 each #10 can of french cut green beans
1 each 50oz can "family size" mushroom soup
1 can "regular size" cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup dehydrated chopped onion
light sprinkle of seasoned salt
2tbsp granulated garlic
2tbsp "your favorite rub"[p]In a large bowl mix green beans (drained) with soups, onion, seasoned salt, garlic and rub. Use you hand to mix so you don't break up the beans. This will fill 1/2 size throw away aluminum pan. Smke until the edges start to bubble and becomes a chestnut brown color. Smoke at around 275* using hickory. Remove, stir mixture and return to smoker until it bubbles again. remove[p]Now this is what I do...[p]Carve a bowl in the mushrooms. mince the portion that was removed and mince. add pieces to the green bean mixture. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom like you would a twice baked potato. Add a bit more cheddar cheese on the top of each. Put back into the smoker until the mushrooms aquire a smoke flavor and begins to soften up. Ta da![p]If you would like to see a copy of grizz's recipe you can find it at...
http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/archives/92930/messages/92820.html[p]jazzy[p]

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    jazzyjoe,
    Well, that was quick, thanks, looks like I will have to pick up another package as I now have several ways of trying them.
    My thanks to all,
    Happy Egg-n,
    New Bob Ü[p]Got the printer going now.

• jazzyjoe, my wife fixes that for nearly all our grilled fresh fish cookouts after a day of drunken fishing and laughing. I call it her "snapbeen cassarole". We make fun of it/her,,, but it is nearly perfect for every occasion.

• ,,,,,sorry Jaz,, I missread. She does it almost the same way in a cassarole dish with sliced mushrooms. But we are into stuffing mushrooms,, so I will add this to our varity too.