Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Bone Steaks

Options
Cajun
Cajun Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As long as I have been lurking here, I have not seen any references or posts to T-Bone steaks on the BGE. I have tried several methods and have not come up with a "good enough" method.[p]Can anyone share a method to make good T-bones on the EGG?/[p]Thanks for your attention

Comments

• Cajun, I live on the Gulf Coast,, and can almost see Cajun territory from my house. As eveybody will tell you, nearly everything that hits my tongue is seasoned cajun, creole, or zydaco. OoooBoy![p]I do PorterHouse T-bones. My favorite. I let them sit for an hour or so at room (or deck) temp in Moores Marinade. It's like Dales but less salty.[p]Get a full bed of coals maxed out hot(bottom vent wide open, lid raised. Throw steaks on grill for a good sear on each side with dome open. Just when grease starts to drip and flame, I close the dome, leave the bottom vent wide open and use only open eyes of daisy wheel on top vent. Keep direct grease fire flame off of steaks as much as possible to prevent bitter burned flesh. It don't take long to get to rare or medium rare. I have learned how to poke the meat with tongs and tell how done they are. Really mushy is rare, mushy is medium, and as it gets firmer, you are getting to medium well and well done.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    K.O.C.,
    Nice to hear a method that does not rely on time....which never works for me. I have it downpat by feel now, but could not describe as you just did![p]cheers, man.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ