Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone ever inject the bird?

SouthOfI10SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited 11:03AM in EggHead Forum
Good evening and Happy Thanksgiving.[p]I am contemplating whether or not to inject the little bird that will be "Mad Maxed" tomorrow and wondered if any of you have any feedback on injecting. I have a jar of "Creole Butter" and have used it numerous times with good results in deep fried turkeys. This is my first time with a turkey on the Egg, so I would appreciate the tips.[p]
Thanks.

Comments

• SouthOfI10,
    Hello south of I-10 I'm north of I-12. Yes the Creole Butter should work well.[p]Mike

• Mike in Abita, Thanks. Even as far north as Atlanta, I can get Turbo Dog. Blackened Voodoo is a different story...

• SouthOfI10,
    Hi...I asked the same question and someone suggested a creole butter in DRBBQ's book. Luckily I had the book. I haven't cooked the turkey yet but the marinade tasted great. Here's the recipe:
    1 lb butter
    1 can of beer
    1 T of BBQ rub
    1 T Paprika
    1 T Ground white pepper
    1 T Sea Salt
    1 T Garlic pwd
    1 T Onion powder
    1 T Dry mustard
    1 T Ground black pepper
    1 t cayenne pepper
    Melt the butter then add the beer and spices. mix well..let cool before injecting. I think this tastes a lot better than the bottled product.[p]

• dawgtired, Wow. This looks great! Thanks for sharing.

• SouthOfI10,
    I inject birds all the time. I will be doing Creole butter tomorrow. also one is in the brine.[p]check this out

[ul][li]injected turkey[/ul]
  • EggspertMN, Fantastic! Great looking bird. I hope that mine turns out as well.[p]
    Happy Thanksgiving.